In the 1980s and ’90s I wrote freelance articles, mainly about music, for a handful of publications — primarily an Atlanta weekly called Southline, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and Jazziz magazine. I also wrote a few pieces for my old web site, which I’ve recently retired.
This section features a few of those oldies. Hope you enjoy them.
- Joe Williams – An Appreciation
- Cornbread, Y’all
- Is Your Toga Grounded?
- Aunt Jennie
- Sheila Jordan: Struggling To Be Free
- Cumberland Island at Midnight
- Ungrammar School
- A Blinding Flash of the Oblivious: Memory Loss and You
- Gil Evans: Absolute Master
- Barrier Island: Book Review
- Hannibal: Diary of an African-American
- Johnny Griffin: Jazz from the French Countryside
- Surreal Essay Generator