In the 1980s and ’90s I wrote freelance articles, mainly about music, for a handful of publications — primarily an Atlanta weekly called Southline, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and Jazziz magazine. I also wrote a few pieces for my old web site, which I’ve recently retired.
This section features a few of those oldies. Hope you enjoy them.
- A Blinding Flash of the Oblivious: Memory Loss and You
- Aunt Jennie
- Barrier Island: Book Review
- Cornbread, Y’all
- Cumberland Island at Midnight
- Gil Evans: Absolute Master
- Hannibal: Diary of an African-American
- Is Your Toga Grounded?
- Joe Williams – An Appreciation
- Johnny Griffin: Jazz from the French Countryside
- Sheila Jordan: Struggling To Be Free
- Surreal Essay Generator
- Ungrammar School